Netgear has left its mark on technology and the internet through their easy to use yet powerful devices. Wifi and LTE are a few sections where they provide remarkable and quality services. Netgear Extender is a device that effectively boosts the bandwidth of the existing Wifi connection.
It is a product that is compatible with all kinds of users. In it, the users share a common goal, and that is to amplify their Wifi bandwidth. It can get connected with the brother printer easily. This will allow you to get access to printouts without hassle. The printer can also be shared between individuals in the same organizers without the need to configure it to individual devices. You can also print documents out anywhere or via any digital device. This tutorial shared a complete set-up guide to connecting Netgear Extender with a brother printer. But before seeing the set-up guide let’s know what Netgear Extender is.
How To Setup A Brother Printer With Wireless
The Brother Printer must be connected to wifi to install and configure the brother printer driver. A printer driver is necessary to input a print command and get a document printed. The Brother Printer Help will guide you through this process. The purpose of connecting the brother printer to wireless is to enjoy printouts anywhere. You can also use your mobile for this purpose. A USB cable will help to configure the Brother Printer for a wireless network with the computer. Once you start setting up the connection, you will need to have a password and network name.
Connect Brother Printer with Wifi
Go to the control panel and click on the menu option.
- Click on ‘all settings’ from the options available on the screen.
- Go to ‘network’ using the mouse to scroll to it. Click on ok
- Click on ‘network reset’ to reset the existing network settings and click on ok.
- Press 1 to select ‘reboot.’ Repeat the step to confirm the reboot.
- You will notice that the brother printer is undergoing a reboot.
- Once this step is completed, the software will request you to set up the wifi connection.
- To launch the wizard, you are required to press the ‘Ok’ button thrice.
- Pick the correct wifi network from the list that appears on the screen.
- Enter the password, press ‘Ok’, and ‘1’ to apply the settings.
- After a ‘connection ok’ report, the brother printer will print out a sample
- copy as proof of being set-up correctly.
- If you follow these steps carefully, you’ll be able to configure the device quickly and in a short time.
regardless of wifi router brand you can use this method on how to connect brother printer to wifi network.
How To Connect Netgear With Brother Printer
To establish a connection between a wireless printer and the router, you need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. You will need a few pieces of information from your Netgear router before you start the set-up process.
● Network Name/SSID
● Security Type/ encryption
● Password/network key
Here are the steps to find the above information-
● Open a web browser from the device that is connected to wifi.
● Enter the exact URL-mywifiext.net
● You will find a login window.
● Enter the username- admin and the default password- password. Enter them
correctly as they are case-sensitive.
● The basic home page is now displayed on the screen. Click on ‘wireless.’ Then select your router’s name, security type, and
Automatically connect Netgear Extender via WPS
Turn on the power after connecting the Wifi extender to the desired power source.
● The light that indicates the power will turn green once the extender receives power from a reliable source.
● Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button in the modem as well as the extender. Any delay might not lead to a proper connection.
● The extender undergoes an automatic configuration to the modem. The purpose of this step is to achieve a secure connection.
● You are now allowed to connect the set of devices to the extender’s wifi.
● The secure connection has a different name to the existing Wifi connection and ends with an EXT. However, the password for this new connection will be the same as the existing one.
● Refer to Connecting to a wireless network for more details of setting up a connection. The guide will solve all the hidden problems associated with this process.
● After the set-up is complete, the extender can be moved to a different power source. This process will not disconnect the connection as long as it is connected to the same modem.
Netgear extender is handy and gives an excellent performance. The set-up is remarkably simple, and the system requirements are generic. It can get quickly connected with a brother printer. If you want to connect brother printer with wifi, then the Netgear router is best for you.