if You Reading this Post by Investing your Precious Time then Clearly you Must be having trouble with Your Dlink router, which has left you with the Only choice to Restore the Dlink router setting to Factory settings Otherwise who would Reset Dlink for Fun Or Hobby.
if you Forgot Your Username & Password for the Dlink router & There no way to Recover it Or the Dlink router Won’t Work & You are having Connection & Performance Issues then this Post is just For You.
Keep in Mind that Executing a Reset On Dlink Wireless Router has to be the last Option of your Troubleshooting Cause it will Wipe your settings & Configuration to factory settings.
There are Two Ways for you to Reset Dlink Router-
- Soft Reset Using Dlink Router Admin Page
- Hard Reset Using Physical Reset Key on Dlink router.
Usually, We recommend you to Perform a Hard Reset on any Other Router First But in the Case of Dlink routers Try With The Soft Reset First (This is Just Our Experience But We have seen that Often Dlink Hardware Turns Out Too Sensitive to Hard Reset & Than its Just hardware Failure )
- Connect Your Dlink router to Your computer Cable Or Wireless Connection From Dlink Login Dlink Router Console
- To Access Dlink router admin Page Please Open your Browser and type default Dlink Ip in the address bar of your Browser. In Most Cases, Default Ip is 192.168.0.1 & Press Enter. in case of dlink range extender the web address would be http //dlinkap.local
- In Next Step Type Username = admin, Password = Leave it Blank Than Login to dlink wireless Console
Tips – Once Use This Combination of Username & Password If the First one did Not Work Please Use Username = admin & Password = admin
- Once Logged in Please Look at your dlink Dashboard & Look for Maintenance Section. Do Remember Few different series Of Dlink Wifi router have this Section By the Name Of Tools Or Management.
- Click On One of the Both Option That you can see Than You Will be able to see Option For Reset router to Default Settings if you Had Option For maintenance
- In Case if You have Option By Name Of Tools Than Look at the Left-Hand side You Will see an Option For system Please Click on then & Then click Restore Device
- From here you can also backup Dlink Router Current settings Before Reset & We recommend you do that as a fail safe Than Proceed.
- Now Your Dlink router will erase all previous settings & Give it a Minute Or Two
- Reboot Your Router & Than you should be Good to reconfigure your Dlink router.
we understand that this was a lengthy process but this was the safest One. we have Another Quick Way to Hard Reset the Dlink router in just 2 min. Well, Lets Checkout this Too-
This Option is Quick & Easy and requires no Tech Skills Just follow the Option -:
- Plug Your Dlink Router to the Power Outlet & Turn on Power Supply
- Look at the back of your Dlink wireless router You may see a Reset Key or Tiny Reset Hole
- Just Press & Hold the Reset key Using a paper Clip, Pen Or Any tiny Similar Object for 30-40 Seconds Until you see all lights Flashing on your Dlink router that let Go of reset key.
- Make sure While you do this the dlink should be Powerd on. After reset Please Restart Dlink router and wait for 60-70 seconds for Router to boot up.
Now your Dlink router has been reset & Fully ready to be reconfigured. You Can restart your modem and computer then setup Dlink router like a brand new router now.
We hope we Gave our best to help you. Please share this if it was helpful & Let us know if you need any other help with Dlink router or Contact dlink Customer service for any other help.
Thanks a Lot for Reading
Good Luck, Happy Fixing