Hello to Tp-link users
Installing the tp-link extender is easy when you are equipped with the right information and follow the standard guidelines. Today we help you set up tp-link extender with your existing router.
in this same post, we will also help you understand the default IP of the TP-Link extender which is tplinkreperter.net.
If anything goes wrong while tp link wifi extender setup we will guide you to troubleshoot or reset the TP-Link extender to start over.
we all know that a range extender will help you boost the signal strength for your existing router Or Access point Network.
Nowadays Most router Comes with good Coverage However if you have a big home, Thin Walls Or an area of Multiple Story to cover Then a range extender is the best thing to use.
Let’s Get started On How to set up tp-link extender with Router.
Note- if you have an older tp link extender that you trying to set up again Please consider a hard reset on the extender before installation.
Things You Need For Extender Setup
Range extenders are mostly Plug and play devices but few Things You Will Need Before Installing TP-Link Range Extender.
- An Ethernet Cable (Optional )
- Main Wireless Device( Wireless Router ) & Information About wireless Such as Network Name(SSID), Wireless Password, and Encryption Type.
- Default Ip Known as Default Gateway for Tp-link range extender.
- Device With a Full browser such as chrome, firefox, safari, etc.
- Working Router and internet connection.
Look At The Back Or Bottom of your TP-Link extender, you can see a Lable That Contains Default SSID(Network Name) & Password for your New Extender. You Can Also Look for a Configuration Card Under the Box of the Tp-link Router for the Same Information.
Let’s Get started and Install the Extender –
Tp–Link Extender Setup
1. Plug Your Tplink Range extender into a Power Outlet near your Wireless Router.
Power it on then wait for 20 seconds for it to Boot up & so the lights on Repeater Can Go Solid.
Tip- if you are using a Smartphone Or Tablet to set up a tp-link Range extender then turn the wifi on your device. in case if you using a laptop Please disconnect any ethernet Cable Connected to it & make sure the wireless is turned on to Laptop.
2. Go to Your Computer & Smartphone and Refresh the Available Network List. You Should be Able to See a New Unsecured Tp-Link Network, Please Connect With it
3. It Should Automatically Take you to tplinkrepeater.net For Configuration or You can also Manually Open Browser and type 192.168.0.254 or tplinkrepeater.net then Press Enter.
these web addresses are local and easy to use just like re.rockspace.local for rockspace extenders. these will only work when you are connected to the extender.
4. Setup Page Will Present Itself and may ask For Default Username & Password for Tplink Extender. Please Type admin For Username & Password Both. Use small Caps cause this is Case Box is Case Sensitive.
5. Follow the Onscreen Quick-Step Guide & Hit Next
6. On the Next Step Please Select Your Region then Extender Will Autosearch the Available Network Around You. Please Choose your Main Network (The Wireless That You Would Like to Extend)
7. Enter the Wireless Password of your Existing Wireless Router & Click Next.
8. Next Screen Will Let you Choose the Security Type, Network Name(SSID) for your New Extended Network. You can Customize the Network Name & Password & Security Mode.
9. Setup a Different Password if you Want for your extender Or Leave it as it is. You can always change it By Logging into the Tplink extender Console. Review the settings & Click On Finish
10. Extender Will Reboot and Save the Settings. After a Minute Please Unplug the extender & Plug it Somewhere Between the Place Where you have been having Problems Getting the Network Bars.
Now You may be able to See Solid Led Lights On the Extender which Means the Setup was Successful & Now Use the Password to Connect With your New Extender & Enjoy Extended Wireless Network.
Tips- Make sure You Place your Extender to a Power Source Not far than 30-35 meters From Main Wireless Router.
In Any Case, if the Setup Fails to Work Please Reset Tplink Range extender to Default settings & Configure it Again.
Here is another easy and cool way for you to configure a TP-Link extender with a wifi network.
What is WPS Method For Tp-link Extender Setup ?
it is perhaps one of the easiest ways to connect the range extender with the main wireless router. you have to do t carefully and it will be configured in 2 minutes. try these steps given below –
For this to work both router and extender should have the WPS Key physically present on the router and the good thing is these days almost all routers and range extenders come with a WPS key on them.
- inspect the router and range extender Carefully and make sure you have the WPS key on the router.
- Place the range extender within the range of the existing wifi router and make sure it is powered on.
- Go to the Router and press the WPS key and hold it for 5-6 seconds until you see WPS lights flashing on the router.
- now the WPS mode will be active for 2 minutes and that’s your window to connect the extender
- Go to the TP-Link extender and press the WPS key on it and hold it for 10-15 seconds.
- Now the router will start the Security authentication and the extender will be connected to the extender.
- the WPS light will on the extender turn solid and now you will now that you have connected.
- now go to tplinkrepeater.net to access the extender console and change the settings.
We hope all this information helps you set up Tplink Range Extender. Please Let Us Know Via Comments if We can be of any more Help with Anything Related to Router & Extender.
Share the Post if you Liked it & Help Others Find the Information. We Extend Our Gratitude for your Time.