If you have already bought the Belkin router …Well done!! Belkin Does Make Good wireless Routers.
Do you need help setting your Belkin router? if Yes Than Regardless Of New Or Old Belkin router we can help you setup & Configure Belkin Wireless Router in Quick & easy steps. Friends, Use the Exact Same Steps Given in this Post to Install All series & Models of Belkin Home Routers.
Note – If you have an Old Belkin wireless router the Steps are Same Just make sure you reset Belkin router Before installation
Here are Few Things You Might Need to Procure In order to set up Belkin router –
- An Ethernet Cable (Optional)
- Computer Or Smartphone (Should have one of them )
- Modem & Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Power Source For Modem & Router
- Username & Password (Look at Bottom of your Router)
Belkin Router Can be Configured & Installed Using Computer Or Any Smartphone with Full Browser Like Firefox, Safari, chrome, internet explorer etc.
Let’s Go & Try Setup Belkin Router By Instruction Given Below –
Setup Belkin Router –
1-Unbox The Belkin router & Plug it With a Power Outlet Near Your Modem (ISP Cable Device)
2-Plug your modem To Power socket & Use the Ethernet Cable ( RJ45 Cable ) to Connect the Modem With Internet Port of your Belkin Wireless router.
3- Wait for Lights to Turn Solid on Router & Modem Before Proceeding for Installation
Now, Till Connecting Belkin Router to Modem, all steps Are Same But From Here we Can have 2 Option to Install Belkin Router – Setup With Or Without Ethernet Cable
1. Setup Belkin Router without Ethernet Cable –
- After connecting Modem to Router Please Restart Both Devices And Let it Reboot for a minute
- Now Go to Your Computer Or Smartphone And Go to Wifi section
- Refresh Your Available Wireless Network List & see if you can see a New Belkin Network there on the list
- If it is Unsecured Just Connect with it But in Case if the new network is secured & requesting for Password than Please Look at the Bottom of your Belkin wireless router You May Find the SSID & password for Belkin router. anyhow if you see Nothing Just Reset the Belkin router & Reboot it.
- Type 192.168.2.1 in Address Bar than Press Enter to Login Belkin Router Dashboard.
- First Modem Will detect Your Router & Check compatibility after that Choose Your Internet connection(Ask Your Internet Service Provider)
It’s Essential to Know Your Internet Connection. Please, ask your Internet service Provider Which Type of connection they are Providing You Like – DHCP, PPPoE, Static Ip Connection Etc.
- Please Setup Your Language & Time Zone For Easy Configuration.
For Fresh Installation Router Will Guide You itself on each step However here are the manual steps Just in case-
- Now Go to Wireless and Setup Your Username(SSID) & Password (Network Key).
- Under Security Type Please select WPA2-PSK than apply the settings. if there is an Option For Encryption Technique Please Go for TKIP+AES
- Type a Complex Password & Apply the settings & Than Give it a minute to Save the settings.
- Reboot Your Belkin Router Along with Modem And than Connect with your Belkin Router Network
Tips – Turn Off the Guest Network if its Open & Wrote down the password Somewhere Because people Tend to Forget password Especially for Wifi.
- You can Also Lock Belkin dashboard & Setup a New Administrator Password for anyone to access & Change settings for Belkin router
We Hope that this will help you Setup Belkin wifi Network. if you have an Extra Ethernet Cable Than There will be Few Changes in step
2. Setup Belkin Router With Ethernet Cable –
- Make sure Modem is connected to the router using cable
- Now Just Connect the First Ethernet Port of Belkin router to the Ethernet Port of your laptop Or Desktop.
All Other steps same From Login Belkin router as we have explained above.
If You Need Someone to Help You Do this Please Contact Belkin support
Few More Resourceful Links Related to This Topic –
Check them Out too & See if they are Helpful
Comment Below and Do Let us Know if you need any other Help with Belkin Router setup.
Thanks, & Good luck